Aug 13, 2007

Monday Blues

The beautiful musical guitar sound echoes in the room, but today it appears too noisy. Hands move on and suffocate the apparent screeching alarm. Finally after an hour long struggle between the desire and running time, I get up to move on. Its bad, very bad Monday morning after a kool two days weekend

With the jaws open to grab a deep breath, I yawn endlessly in the office chair. Opened excel file just shows the busy status though the eyes see nothing. End up struggling, I take the newspaper and start reading. Oh still eyes going shut and the phone ring awakes me to add to the woes, the review meeting with director gets preponed

Given the sense of urgency, I splashed water on the face and get ready to give a charged up image. In the active environment meeting proceeds with participation from me and everybody. I thought, I was active until I am asked an opinion. Alas! I had ushered in sleepy state with open eyes. Two hour long meeting finally gets over with no apparent embarrassments

The sumptuous lunch starts putting further pressure on struggling eye lashes. The day appears like never ending soap opera of star plus channel, and every passing minute looks like ages. Finally I decide to go home early instead of sitting unproductive. The clock ticks four in the evening. Still making the plans to catch a beautful nap after reaching home, bosses summon some critical information. Somehow, corporates are bitten by a culture of asking deliverables in the late evening and all is supposed to be provided yesterday. Sleeps gets buried, mind goes hyper and fingers move actively on key board

Its 8 in the evening, I am still working with no one around. The ordeal of being sleepy does not exist anymore. By the time, I get into my cozy bed, clock already shows midnight. Mind is tired, eyes are open, the elusive sleep takes time to grab me. As the moment comes at a slow pace, falling appears fun, material world carrying no meanings, I fall in dreams. Hours fly away like minutes, the night seems too short in the sedative arms of goddess of sleep

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nitwit,
Same here dear..
Monday seems to be too long to deal..

But, keep enjoying as the next week has started and soon the next weekend wil come..

Alok said...

A cup, coffee and my desk ........
a sullen morning for its monday today ......
or do i feel it everyday.


this is wht i exactly feel every monday morning (and all working days :))

good post

alok

Priya said...

Working too hard.. Hmm its all in the mind to take a break.

mystic rose said...

Hi,
thanks for the comment. :)

sleepy monday morning blues? I have had those too. :). In fact just this morning.

Priya said...

Did u change ur template??

Anonymous said...

I am already yawning.......
But its d fact, got to live wid

Puneet said...

For me, every day is Sunday, atleast for a month..